The other day I was looking through some advertising and marketing Pinterest boards and found an excellent infographic from Constant Contact. It is a 30-day social media challenge for marketers that shares ideas to help you make sure that you are staying active on all your social media channels.
I was pleasantly surprised at how many of the items on this list are things that I have used for clients, and continue to do to this day. Such simple, yet effective, posts can do wonders for engagement and ‘shareability’.
Here are some posts from their list that I have found the most helpful:
- Share a photo of your workspace! This got lots of attention from Tweeting my “working vacation” desk; everyone was jealous.
- Introducing new employees – always an excellent way to get people talking and interacting with your page.
- Post a fill in the blank! Super easy way to get comments.
- #ThrowBackThursday, always a favourite!
- Share something inspirational because it’s always good to be positive.
- Ask your audience a multiple-choice question.
- Link to an infographic that you think could be helpful to your audience.
- Correct a common misconception about false information circulating in your industry.
- Thank you, customers, and audience, for their support!
Keep in mind that some of these will work better on certain channels, but if you are not sure don’t hesitate to get in touch with me and ask. We would be more than happy to give you advice, and help you make the most of it.
S, we will leave you with this social media challenge – try at least 5 of the 30 on the list and figure out which works best for your audience. I would love for you to share your successes (or failures) with me, it is always good to know what works and what doesn’t. Looking forward to your stories!