Hi again everyone!
In case you missed my last blog post – I’m Nikki and I’m an intern at Like a Voss Inc.
If you have been following my journey so far then yay. And thank you.
I’m now a little more than halfway through my six-week internship and I wanted to share some of my experiences and learnings with you.
First of all, let me tell you a bit about myself.
I’m a Millennial who loves social media and everything related to it.
I’m always on my phone, scrolling through Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and Facebook. I love engaging content, engaging with others, and discovering new trends, and am a bit shy about creating them myself. I’m also very lively and outgoing, but sometimes I struggle with communicating properly and professionally.
I have always been fascinated by the digital marketing industry and how it can help businesses reach their goals and connect with their customers. I wanted to learn more about the strategies and techniques that are used to create effective and engaging social media campaigns. I also wanted to learn how to use different tools and platforms to optimize and measure the results of these campaigns. That’s why I applied for this internship at Like a Voss Inc., a digital marketing agency that specializes in social media management and content creation.
I also wanted to improve my communication skills, both written and verbal. I knew that working in the digital marketing industry would require me to communicate clearly and professionally with different audiences, such as colleagues, clients, and followers. I wanted to learn how to write compelling and concise social media posts, emails, blogs, and reports.
I also wanted to learn how to present my ideas and findings in a confident and persuasive manner.
Moreover, I wanted to work with a team of experts who can guide me and mentor me throughout my internship. I wanted to learn from their experience and expertise and get feedback and advice on how to improve my skills and performance. I wanted to be part of a collaborative and supportive team that values learning and growth. I wanted to work with people who are passionate, professional, creative, and fun.
These are the reasons why I applied for this internship at Like a Voss Inc. I’m glad that I did because it has been an amazing opportunity for me to learn and grow in the digital marketing industry.
So far, I’ve learned a lot from this internship.
Here are some of the things that I’ve been doing and learning:
- Learning how to social media posts for different platforms to promote my blogs.
- Learning how to research keywords, hashtags, and topics for content creation.
- Learning how to use 100 % of my brain while researching competitors for clients.
- Learning how to engage with posts through each platform
- Learning how to use a few different software tools.
- Learning outward engagement vs incoming engagement.
- Checking and answering DM’s, and comments, and replying according to clients to match their vibe.
- Learning about lead generation.
- Participating in team meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Participating in discovery meetings with potential clients to get the full experience of an agency.
- ….and the best part! Communicating with colleagues and clients via email, Slack, and Google Meet.
I’m really grateful for this opportunity to intern at Like a Voss Inc. It has been a rewarding and challenging experience that has helped me grow both personally and professionally. I’m looking forward to the last two weeks of my internship and I can’t wait to see what else I will learn and do.
Bye for now!